Thursday 9 February 2012

XY stage in Lego

Here's a photo of an XY stage made in Lego:



It's much bigger than I'd wanted, largely due to the weight of the Keling stepper motors I'm using. The lego beams can't support the motors unless they're assembled into a box-structure around the motor mounting face.

I've used Lego railway tracks and wheels to allow the axes to roll. The white parts are mounts for the opto-endstops (they simply bolt on). Since the gap in the endstop sensors is too small for lego, I will simply bolt short pieces of L-section aluminium to the lego such that it slides through the gap and triggers the sensor.

1 comment:

  1. This article piqued my interest in the latest products available on the market, and I found a great resource here: http://www.directindustry.com/industrial-manufacturer/xy-stage-76555.html
    Hope this is a useful resource for you other readers.

    ReplyDelete